Responsible for preparing, reporting and all other aspects of Surplus Lines filings for the company in all 50 states. Ensures that proper tax payments are made on time and in accordance with state guidelines. Responsible for understanding and keeping up with assigned state regulations as it pertains to surplus lines taxes. Also responsible for sharing this information with colleagues, licensees and client teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
*Generates and reviews weekly insurance company payables reports. (Splits)
*Ensures surplus lines taxes and fees are billed correctly in agency management systems and proper tax filing policy documentation has been received from Sales staff. (tax filing forms)
*Reconciles and corrects discrepancies between the report and the documentation received.
*Requests and processes checks or other forms of payments daily.
*Ensures that payment of fees and supporting documentation is sent to the appropriate state agency or Surplus Lines Association according to monthly, quarterly, semi-annual or annual due dates
* Complete annual filings and zero filings and other miscellaneous filings
* Direct Bill monthly reconciliations
* Review accounts receivables and disburse to staff weekly.
* High school diploma required.
* BA Preferred
* 3 years Surplus lines knowledge or insurance knowledge preferred.
* Position requires a high degree of organizational skills, strong communication skills (oral and written), good interpersonal skills and a high level of attention to detail. Must be a constant learner, team player, goal oriented and customer centric.
Please forward resume to Ashley@nationaleands.com